Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:06:59 -0700

Bernard a ecrit:
> Tom Schofield wrote:
>
> > who the heck are you to declare that anyone's family photos do not
"justify
> > the expense"?
>
> >  I doubt Ken Iisaka would trade his Noctilux shots of his child's
birth for
> > it!
>
> I can't believe how you would need a nocti in a hospital. Isn't that
people's
> workplace? Aren't there laws in the US stating how bright the light
should be at
> people's workplace? Wouldn't a hospital be a well-lit place,
practically per
> definition?! And the man has to use a nocti and ISO1600 film... who
are you
> kidding! A 2.8 quality point and shoot would have done just as nicely,
and it's
> a lot quieter yet.

Hospital is also where most mothers give birth, and birthing mothers
dictate how much light there is in their room.  The picture of my wife
in labour, looking at a newborn, held by a graveyard shift nurse, did
not require a Noctilux, strictly speaking.  It was taken at probably
1/60 sec. at 1.4, or thereabouts.  However, other pictures in the series
in http://www.iisaka.org/Sara certainly required the lens to be used at
wide open.

No, these are not Pulitzer winning pictures.  I would even doubt they
are worthy of publication.  They mean much to me personally and to my
family.  If the lens helped me capture the moment, the lens was worth
it.

Message from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)
Message from Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)