Subject: [Leica] RE: [ica] Re: it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:31:08 -0400

> I would venture to say what isn't understood about the Noctilux is, it
> doesn't necessarily make great photographs!  On occasion because of it,
> yes.  But what it's greatest asset is, it makes it possible to take
> pictures, be they snapshots or not,  when it is a seemingly impossible
> light situation.

Ted nails it again! I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that
he has spent a life-time MAKING PHOTOS?:-)....and making photos knowing that
if he didn't produce, his kids would starve....And, as we know, Ted's "kids"
made it out of childhood.

B. D.

(Although....I have to say that, while I would someday like to have a
Noctilux in my bag for those impossible to photograph moments, fast film and
f 1.4 usually does the trick, to the point where I won't go for the Noctilux
until I have every other focal length I need covered - and rob a gas station
to pay for it..:-) )