Subject: Re: [Leica] Doing it manually, using the gray matter computer.
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:24:52 -0700

I raise my ponderous avoirdupois to my creaky old feet to counter- I found
that metering, at least with the system I use, I can get a relatively decent
print with the first or second time- and it at least puts me in the
'ballpark' for any further dodging or burning.
Sure- if you live to be in the darkroom, it's fine I guess, but even though
I 'like' darkroom work- it pales to actually taking pictures, and if I can
get acceptable results, and the look I want with an enlarging meter, and
save some time and paper in the -process, then smack me down and call me
Wilma.
I don't denigrate anyone's particular method; this is an artistic science,
or scientific art (depending on your outlook!) and there is ALWAYS a
subjective component to photography. It's all about YOUR vision..
I think you could safely say that the only absolute in photography is that
it IS subjective. So while I don't think any less of Mark, et al for liking
the totally manual approach, I would hope you guys realize that some of us
find gratification in doing another way.

Dan ( I did it MY way....!) Post