Subject: Re: [Leica] Web tools
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:55:35 -0600

Martin Howard wrote:

> I'm sick of hand-coding HTML for my photo pages.  I've settled on a simple
> template where the only thing that changes are the filenames and links.
>
> So, I'm now looking for some tools that will help me to quickly knock
> together another gallery page.  My requirements are that it is (a) free, (b)
> runs on either Macintosh or Unix platforms.  Ideally, I'd like something
> that runs off a simple database and templates, but I could live with
> something that spurts out static HTML as a result.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe try Slash; it's distributed freely under GPL and uses MySQL (a
free download) to drive it.

Slash can be found somewhere on www.slashdot.org and MySQL is at
www.mysql.com.

This will require more than a couple of hours to get running! I started
at the office but got sidetracked by too many other projects--I got some
errors during install, and didn't know how to interpret those, didn't
want to devote my life to learning it all! Thank goodness for
precompiled RPM binaries...

Jeff Segawa

no archive