Subject: Re: [Leica] M5 Case & Strap
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 02:20:12 -0400

At 08:59 PM 6/15/00 -0700, Dan K. wrote:
>Bill Satterfield asked:
> >Does any one have any suggestions on a strap for this camera that will
> >not leave lug marks. Also a  ER case.
>
>A Domke Gripper.  Sorry but can't advise about the ER case.

I agree with Dan, a black gripper is hard to beat.

I've taken half inch wide strap webbing material from a bargain box strap
and two split rings and have sewn a loop of two inch extension straps to my
M5 on the horizontal lugs (I don't like the vertical carry option.) I
placed the split rings at the farthest ends of the extension and switched
the clips around on my Gripper strap so that I can detach the whole strap
from the camera and am left only with two small (very secure) "tabs" to
help pull the body from its place in my bag (when its not in my hand to
begin with.) They don't seem to be causing any undue wear to the my black
M5 and extend the length of the Gripper a bit so that it can more easily be
body slung.

I have an older wider black gripper currently but am thinking of getting
the newer really thin one to better facilitate wrapping it round my wrist.

I generally detest NR cases as I change rolls frequently which is hard
enough having to remove the bottom plate, much less having to also juggle a
case. This being the "case" (sorry) I haven't any recommendation for such.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com