Subject: Re: [Leica] OK...money where my Leica is.
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:51:32 -0400

At 07:24 PM 6/18/00 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>For me on a list like this, to place photos like that on it with out
>talking to
>us all about lens caps first and getting to know us smells like a troll. We
>don't know who this guy is...this is some introduction!
>I think the proper thing to do is something like...
>"now that you people know what gear and film i like and all that stuff here's
>what I like to shoot with it!"
>Then see how tolerant or intolerant we all are of such extreme artsiness.
>Mark Rabiner

Mark,

I've been on LUG (enjoying your wry humor) for nearly three months and have
introduced myself and posted quite a bit on how I shoot and with what
equipment, Mark. (Admittedly my Leica equipment is still very limited.)

I am not a troll and this in not the stuff that I normally "like to shoot"
(yet) but I was asked to shoot the job and liked the results better than
standard porn that I've seen and thought to share it to get some feedback.
I asked (more rhetorically tongue in cheek than not) "But is it art?" and
have appreciated the comments on that regardless. I didn't shoot this as
'art' but as documentary shots that a couple wanted.

I don't consider anything I do as 'art'. I try to just produce good
photography. On occasion, I actually DO. As the old saying goes: "I don't
know Art, but I know what I like." From what I've seen of it, I view the
'art' world much like the director of the movie "Pecker."

You have my apologies if such imagery is unwarranted on LUG and if the LUG
consensus finds it troubling, I will abstain from linking to such in the
future.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com