Subject: Re: [Leica] "Click"
From: ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:41:00 -0500

damian,
i couldn't help but notice (having checked out the URL at the bottom of
your note) that your business is based on "sound" (since you make strings
for various plucked instruments).  i guess it shouldn't be surprising that
you would listen so closely to your Leicas!

i have spent time listening to my various M bodies (i don't own any Leica
thread mount bodies), and i find my M2 and M3 bodies to be pretty similar
in pitch and timbre, when their shutters are released.  the sound is a
soft, muted one, and i find it very nice.  i have noticed, however, that
the sound of my m4p (a chrome anniversary model from 1983) has a VERY
different tonality from that of my more recent m6hm (non-ttl).  the m4p is
much more "solid" sounding, whereas the m6hm has more of a "hollow"
sound.  no biggie, really, but i much prefer the sound of my m4p (i like
the framelines in it better than the m6hm too).  interestingly,  a good
friend of mine purchased an m6hm a few months after i did, and hers sounds
much different (more solid, quieter too) than mine.

kim (also in the business of music)
www.cottenmusic.com

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: LEICAUSA)