Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder and film mis-advance/loading....
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:25:41 -0400

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:54:02 -0500, "Robert D. Baron"
<rbaron@concentric.net> wrote:

>Ted Grant said:
>
>> But here is something I do when I load any of my M6s.  I make a couple
>> of little folds at the tip of the leader like this      _________/\_/\_
>> then drop them into the take up spool and it's never failed me yet.
>>

>And now I ask: is this a technique I should be using with my M-4-P, or
>is there something unique to the configuration of the M6 that makes
>these folds inapplicable/inappropriate to my camera?

Every Leica from the M4 on has the same loading mechanism.  I see no
reason why this folding technique wouldn't apply to the M4-P.  But I
must ask, have you been having problems?  I've never had a loading
problem with two M4's and two M6's, so I'm not inclined to start
introducing variables at this stage.  Even if it is how Ted does
things ;-)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Paul Chefurka