Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica LTM rapid advance winding lever
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:38:51 -0400

There may have been some other aftermarket accessories such as the Tech Rapid Advance Lever made for the later Leica LTM's. They do not fit the earlier Leica models with the slightly larger wind knobs. I have one but prefer using my IIIf without it as I usually don't have the need to advance the film as rapidly as the use it enables one to do. Applying pressure on the right side of the knob with my finger and pulling towards me seems to work just fine for me.

I don't know if any rapid advance levers are currently being made. It seems to me that it would not be difficult to replicate such a device. Whether it could now be sucessfully marketed remains to be seen. Perhaps with the renewed interest in LTM's these days. There seems to be a lot of them being sold by dealers and on eBay.

Robert Browne