Subject: Re: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other way round. ...
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:07:20 +0800

on 23/6/00 2:24 am, Paul Chefurka at Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com wrote:

> The klunkiness of the aux-finder paradigm is what prompted me to buy a 28
> instead of a 24.  I do think a 24/finder setup would work much better on an
> AE camera like the Hexar RF, where you can zone focus, set the aperture and
> let the camera worry about adjusting the exposure while your eye is glued to
> the framing finder.  But I much prefer having all my focus/exposure controls
> in the viewfinder I'm using for framing.

With the Hexar RF, an external 24mm finder is not an absolute necessity.  If
you look beyond the 28mm frame lines, the view is very very close to the
coverage of a 24mm lens.  This is because the Hexar RF has a low
magnification 0.6x finder.  I understand Leica will be introducing a similar
(0.58x) finder at Photokina.

Regards,

Joseph Y.