Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My copyright!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:04:18 +1000

Jim Brick wrote:

> PS... I've never had a copyright infringement problem. I belong to ASMP and
> read about it all of the time. The above is, to my knowledge, correct. But
> read the law on the US copyright web site. Don't take my word for it.

Thanks Jim. I'm sure that the US copyright law is a most interesting
read.  But I'm in Australia.  Yes, we have electricity, the internet,
and copyright law too.  It's a pretty traditional form, whereby
transgressors get transported back to Britain, on a leaky boat.

The dilemma for me is not one of high law, it's more one of public
relations.  I'm the guy who takes the nice photos of the kids each
Saturday morning.  While I'm keen to tackle a company that's abused my
intellectual property, I'm not interested in frightening the mum's and
dad's with a big subpoena.  Gotta think of my customer base, which is
folks I bump into down the shops, mostly! Or their kids.

Regards

Rick Dykstra