Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My copyright!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:59:13 +1000

&
> I am not sure, but I get the impression that the
> newspaper is not a major metro one, but rather a small town paper where "names
> make news"
>
> BTW, congrats on the Scot contract.

correct and correct again Bill.  45,000 circulation local paper.

I haven't advertised or gone to any promotional effort in the last four
years, yet, due to the volume of soccer action, team and portrait photos
I've sold, I'm now being invited to tackle a wider range of jobs.  So
its all reputation and word of mouth stuff.  It is rather nice when
someone says thanks for the photos upon bumping into them up at the
supermarket.

In a couple of weeks I'll be shooting at a soccer carnival called the
Kanga cup. Many teams from the US will be visiting and I'm looking
forward to seeing how they play.  The local teams are a bit concerned
that the visitors might be very good indeed ....

Regards

Rick Dykstra