Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:07:35 +0100

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> Hunt's today is not the same as Hunt's of 1984...new ownership...and, to my
> experience, not a very pleasant shopping experience in recent years.  My
> experience is that the best used Leica shopping in metropolitan Boston is at
> New England Photo in Arlington Center, which consistently has the best stock
> of quotidian gear and exotica.  NE Photo is also where I buy my new
> gear...same prices as the mail order places (though you do pay sales tax),
> and you get to talk to a knowledgeable dealer and feel the equipment before
> you buy.  Only once have I purchased a defective piece and the owner, Ara,
> replaced it in two days with a smile and a handshake.  E-mail me privately
> for details.
>
>         Buzz Hausner

I think the new ownership of Hunt's was an internecine fight and now only one
brother owns the whole shooting match, I think.  They do not have an extensive
collection of used gear, and I have got better deals elsewhere. My favorite
source of leica gear is the bi-annual PHSNE swap show in Waltham.  I also got
some very good deals at Feranti-Dege (sp) in Harvard Square, in the
consignment area. But why am I telling you all this, I should be keeping it a secret.
John Shick