Subject: [Leica] Nachtwey
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:15:18 -0700

I find Inferno deeply disturbing; but I'm not inclined to shoot the
messenger. He didn't create the horrors, just documented them.

As for his personal attitude toward what he photographed, I saw an interview
with him on public television. He was articulate and passionate about his
reasons for taking the photographs. He hopes they will help galvanize and
shape public response to stop the sort of inhuman acts he depicts. I admire
his work and can't imagine how he survives in the presence of that much
pain.

- --Gib