Subject: [Leica] Recommendations for San Diego and New Orleans?
From: "The Adler Family" <badler@nanospace.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:47:42 -0700

Martin wrote:

I'm going to be attending a couple of conferences in New Orleans, LA, and
San Diego, CA, soon.  Of course, required travelling companions include a
black-painted, Rapidwinder-equipped M2 with four lenses (25, 35, 50, 90) and
a whole suitcase full of B&W film.

So, what should I see in the respective cities?  It will be my first time to
any cities in the US outside of Boston, MA, and Columbus, OH.  I'll have
about two-three days extra in New Orleans, probably a little longer in the
San Diego area, which I can devote to non-conference stuff.

M.

Hi Martin.

Our family has spent a couple of great vacations in the San Diego area. I
would highly recommend the world class San Diego Zoo. It's really quite an
amazing place with some great opportunities for you 90mm. Shots of kids
enjoying themselves (truly acting like animals at times in the "food court")
are yours for the picking.

Also, the Coronado Hotel on Coronado will take you back a half century. If
you can get some shots on the inside (tripod recommended) for some of the
architecture, or shots of the Gatsbian pool, you'll have fun.

I'm sure there is a lot more to be had. It's a huge naval base with Navy
Seals jumping out of helicopters into the bay all the time, large carriers
crusing in and out, and lots of recreational sailors.  There is also a fun
(but very touristy) paddle wheel boat at the San Diego Hilton that provides
evening cruises that aren't too expensive.

Have fun.
Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
badler@nanospace.com