Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommendations for San Diego and New Orleans?
From: "Jeff Bailey" <fish-boy@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:10:33 -0400

Hi,

I am jealous. I love New Orleans...

I have walked to and from the park and zoo from the French Quarter with no
problem. It is about 8 miles each way. Never had a problem. I think if you
stay on Charles you are fine.

Where to go...
The zoo is really nice.

Audobon Park is awesome.

Mothers - a great place to eat breakfast.

Acme Oyster Company - where the locals eat in the French Quarter.

If you like to run or walk, the French Quarter is strangley quiet around
sunrise. The French Quarter really stinks at times. In the morning, shop
keepers clean the streets in front of their stores with water and bleach.
Now it stinks with bleach smell.

The voodoo shops are somewhat different.

The drive-thru mixed-drink places are strange. They can sell you a Long
Island Ice Tea in the drive thru, they just cannot put the straw in it...
Strange...

Bourbon Street is really interesting.

I saw a program on TV about a Literary Tour of NO. It looked really
interesting. I imagine that you could find it on the Internet or in the
phone book.

The House of Blues has some really great concerts.

Cafe DuMonde.

Jackson Square.

The cemetaries (Cities of the Dead) are very interesting.

Now I really want to go...

Have fun,
Jeff
fish-boy@mindspring.com