Subject: Re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:17:28 -0400

"Or for the lenscaps obsessive you can have on custom made by Grimes." -
Dennis

Thanks Dennis!!!  THIS IS IT!  This is the ultimate Leicaphile solution!!

Luckily, Steve Grimes is just 84 miles away, down in Woonsocket, Rhode
Island.  It's a short 1-hour 53-minute drive from my home in Gloucester,
Massachusetts.  Since Steve suggests he have the lens-to-be-capped in hand
to ensure a "not too loose, not too tight, not pneumatically destructive"
fit, I will take my Summicron to him.   Steve does not work weekends  so
this will require a day off work.

Let's do the math (I'm excited):

custom lens cap:   $30.00
7% R.I. state sales tax:  $2.10
lost wages:  $160.00
gas:  $13.04

TOTAL:  $205.14

ALL RIGHT!!!  Over 200 bucks for a lens cap!  Cool!  What real Leica fanatic
could pass this up?  I wonder if he'll do it in black enamel?

Craig
Hyperventilating in Boston

Replies: Reply from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question)
Message from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question)