Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens Cleaning Process
From: Victor Wojtecki <VictorW@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:49:49 -0600

I struggle with this problem for some time. My lenses are getting dirty,
specially in rainy days. For 'heavy' lens cleaning I use leans cleaner
and micro fiber cloth (Pentax). I heard the Schneider cloth is good. My
Leica dealer warned me about cleaning tissues (Kodak, Olympus..).
Dust I remove by using soft brush, only. I did once a test. I cleaned my
slide projector (Kodak) lens and blow air on it few times. What I saw
under magnifying glass shocked me! The micro dust was still on, and it
looked as a brush! Air removed visible dust, but micro dust was stuck.
Leica front lenses are hard coated, but I will not test how strong they
are.
When cleaning, first I remove dust, and then I use cloth, when I have
to.

Victor

Reply to message: