Subject: [Leica] how not to lose a lenscap....
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:45:15 -0500

When you buy a new lens... stick the cap in the plastic baggie and put it in
the leather case and put that back in the box and stick that in a storage
room somewhere for your kids or wife to find someday.....

I've done that to all of mine and I have yet to lose a lenscap or miss a
photo trying to take the cap off or put it back on or figure out which
pocket I put it in so I can put it back on....

I also have mint cases and lens caps for my lens... who knows, someday they
might be worth more than what I paid for the lens.....   :  )

For a situations where a lens could get dirty.....I prefer a clear
lenscap.... IE  a UV filter.... but I'm not using those much these days for
my Leicas at least.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador