Subject: [Leica] Leica R3 repair
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:58:13 -0400

This users group seems to lean towards the rangefinder, but I thought I'd
step across the line and toy with an R3.  Can you help me out with some
R questions:

1)  who would you recommend to repair an R3?  DAG?  Sherry Krauter?

2) I see mention of 2-cam and 3-cam lenses.  What's the difference and
    compatibility concerns?  Are there "no-cam" lenses?
    I mostly need to understand which lenses to avoid buying.

What is the general opinion of the R3?  Good?  Bad?  in between?  Polarized
(i.e. love it or hate it, but no middle ground?)

...Thanks....Vick

Replies: Reply from Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu> (Re: [Leica] Leica R3 repair)