Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R3 repair
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:56:49 -0500

>1)  who would you recommend to repair an R3?  DAG?  Sherry Krauter?

Sherry worked on mine and did an exceptional job.  I think she owns
an R3, but I might be thinking of someone else.  I've had DAG work on
my M3 and he also did a great job.

>What is the general opinion of the R3?  Good?  Bad?  in between?  Polarized
>(i.e. love it or hate it, but no middle ground?)

The R3 got a bad reputation because many of them failed not long
after they came out.  Some people feel that all of the ones that are
going to seriously fail have done so already.  Mine has only needed
the rewind lever repaired since I have had it.  They are very solid
basic cameras.  The only thing I wish it had is mirror lockup.  It is
a fairly big camera, but fits your hands well if you have large hands.

I think the R3s are among the best bargains in Leica land.

- --
Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Leica R3 repair)