Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:18:14 -0500

I've not seen Leica techs at work, but just about had cardiac arrest myself once
when I went to  "N*** Days" or some such event at the local camera store.  You
know the ones, bring in your XYZ camera and the techs will give it a quick
checkover, including shutter speed check as I recall.

Anyway, their weapon of choice for lens cleaning was a lens tissue rolled around
one of their tiny screwdrivers, then folded over the tip, moistened with some
secret cleaner and the padded, moistened screwdriver then put to work on the
glass.

I can see the advantages of a clean, stiff but padded tool for this purpose, but
I've never had the nerve to try it myself.

Cheers,
Kip

Message from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning)