Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: impurities in lens
From: Chris Lee <chrislee@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:46:45 -0700

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing the information.

It's not so much the effect of these bubbles/dust specks on optical
performance that concerned me. I was just wondering why they should be there
considering the relative high price of Leica lenses.

I have many Zeiss lenses. 4 for the G system, and 3 for the 645 system. The
lenses for the G system exhibit the same bubbles/dust specks as the Leica
lenses. However, the 645 lenses are completely free of these things, and the
glass looks as crystal clear as one can imagine. Perhaps the higher price of
the 645 lenses allows Zeiss/Kyocera to institute higher QC standards then
what they have for the G lenses. But aren't Leica lenses nearly as expensive
or perhaps more so than the 645 lenses?

Regards,

Chris

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: impurities in lens)