Subject: [Leica] Canadian Warranty
From: Chris Lee <chrislee@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:47:29 -0700

Canadian LUGers,

I just picked up a 35mm Summicron ASPH today at CAD$1,800 plus tax today.
The unit was imported by the previous supplier Kindermann, and hence it is
covered by the regular 2-year warranty and not the passport plan. I thought
the price was low enough compared to a passport protected unit (best price
CAD$2,250) that it was worthwhile.

I'd like to know if any Canadian LUGers have had their Leicas repaired in
the US, particularly under the regular 2-year warranty?

Regards,

Chris