Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron M lenses
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:27:31 -0400

calciua@hn.va.nec.com jotted down the following:

> There is a 35mm ASPH Summicron for sale with no price tag. What would be a
> fair price for me to offer/pay? I could not get the serial number, but it
> looks very nice.

It all depends on the optical formula, age, and condition of the lens.  I'd
recommend picking up the latest edition of the Leica Pocket Book and the
accompanying Leica Price Guide (there is also a companion Leica Accessory
Guide which comes in useful when checking Leica code words and part
numbers).

Then, get yourself a copy of Shutterbug (or some other magazine with plenty
of second-hand ads in it) and take a look at the prices.  You should get a
feel pretty quickly for what things go for.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | People don't like to be parameters
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | in an equation.