Subject: Re: [Leica] Incidentally, why are there so few women on the LUG? Seems a sham e.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:17:04 -0700

Craig Roberts wrote:

> "I have a general idea of which lens I used but that's it!  I buy the
> fastest lenses, the cheapest I can find them..." - Tina
>
> Tina!  What's wrong with you? You must be a real photographer or something.
> It's weird.<<<<<<<<<<<

G,day Craig,

You want to be very careful how you address Tina. She is affectionately
known as the "LUG Mother" so's to speak. We who know her on the screen
and have had the pleasure of meeting her personally can vouch that this
lady is most certainly a "REAL PHOTOGRAPHER!" And there simply isn't
anything weird about her.
.
You should be so lucky me old son to have her talent, personality and
miles traveled on assignments!

As she has just returned from  several months shooting in Central
America she hasn't been online regularly, so it's possible you're not
aware of whom she is, but take care . A friendly reminder, that even
though some of us may seem weird in your mind's eye due to our postings,
sometimes there happens to be a talented and professional photographer
behind the screen!

And as far as knowing which lens one uses on every exposure? It's almost
an impossibility unless there's a specific effect, besides what the hell
does it matter what lens was used as the only question relative to the
image is, " How damn good it is!"

As Tina said, "I buy the fastest lenses, the cheapest I can find
them..."

I can't imagine using Leica and not acquiring lenses in this manner.
it's always been my method of buying,  like forty years or so.  With the
most important item always, "the fastest!  Second, the price, when I
have to be concerned with it.  After that nothing else matters but
taking pictures.

regards,
ted

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Incidentally, why are there so few women on the LUG? Seems a sham e.)