Subject: RE: [Leica] M Polarizer
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:22:43 -0400

Bud,

I've wondered about this approach.  I suppose that even though the filter
will not be quite horizontal this way, it should work as the view is still
180 degrees from the use on the lens.  I'm a bit confused about how it works
as I've tried looking through the polarizer and turning it 180 degrees and
the effect seems slightly different--perhaps I'm just deceiving myself.

The advantage to using the polarizer as the instructions suggest (having it
swing all the way over the top plate and viewing from there) is that you can
shoot without the filter altogether by simply raising it out of the way--and
it won't interfere with viewing through the finder; the problem with that
approach (as opposed to removing the filter altogether) is you loose the use
of the built-in sliding hood.

Regards,
Dan

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] M Polarizer)