Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M Polarizer
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:42:34 -0400

Hey B,
> I either keep my M in a fanny pack, where I don't have to worry about
> it, or I loop the strap around my wrist a few times, and carry it in
> one hand, where it's always ready to fire away.  The advantage of this
> is that I can take pictures on the sly by presetting hyperfocal and
> exposure.  The disadvantage of this is that I'm not good at taking
> pictures this way.  Oh, well.  :)

I may try this style once I get my 28/2 Summicron-M ASPH in the fall (oh
please don't let me down, Photokina! :)).  My attempts to hip shoot with the
50 haven't been all that successful.

> So how's the B&W darkroom work going?  Photographers shouldn't be out
> in the sun, anyway.  Stay inside and bask in the phosphorus glow of
> your monitor or splash carcinogenic chemicals over your skin.  :)

I've signed up for a weekend seminar in b&w processing/printing with a local
studio at the end of the month--so I'll have that glow soon enough.

I've been shooting slides lately (Kodachrome 25, Velvia, Provia-F) and have
discovered a whole new world in color.  It seems to suit the sunny summer
days.  I'm looking forward to seeing the latest results with the new
Polarizer.

Regards,
Dan

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: M Polarizer)