Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Don Chatterton's Leicas
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 01:48:40 -0400

Ken Iisaka jotted down the following:

> Leica bodies and lenses in their original sealed boxes are traded at
> astronomical prices.  An unopened M4 black paint goes well into tens of
> thousands of dollars, if you can locate one, for example.

I've always wondered how people know that there actually IS a black paint M4
inside those boxes.  Every now and then, I'm in half a mind to get a mint
box, put half a brick inside, seal it, and stick the thing on eBay.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | iSue          iOn         iGnorance

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] re: Don Chatterton's Leicas)
Reply from "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com> (Re: [Leica] re: Don Chatterton's Leicas)