Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: KEH gradings
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:17:55 -0400

I recently received a mismarked new Hasselblad lense cap, an LN- Hasselblad
4504 strobe that was at best EX-EX+, a Hasselblad 110/f2 that was graded
LN-, ended up being BGN, very noticeable damage to one of the lense
elements...  I stopped buying from them.  Even their prices went up...

I think a lot of this has to do with them trying to go public (a joke, in
my book).  They bought a multi-million dollar camera collection just to
have inventory and look good...and paid near retail for it!  I think it
backfired though, since the market is now a shade (sic) wiser on these
silly .com ventures.

I also agree with what someone else said about their on-line buying
prices...these prices are absurd.  Why would I sell anything to KEH for 1/2
the price I can get on eBay?