Subject: Re: [Leica] More LTM questions
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:43:21 -0700

Depends on the model- some of the Leicas had slow speeds that worked DRY and
if they have accumulated gunk- they need a good cleaning, and let go at
that- not to say that other parts might not need a lube!
The more I study these little monster, the more amazed I become at the
engineers' taking a relatively simple idea, and taking it to the ultimate of
developement!
I gather that the shutter in Leicas, since the time of the IIIg have not
really been changed- they are the end result of 40 years of development to
make the cloth focal plane shutter perfect- or nearly so!
I never would have guessed that so much time and research would go into the
making of such a relatively simple device!!
Dan (Boggled!) Post