Subject: Re: [Leica] jim kuhl - about dealers
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:44:11 -0700

Jim Kuehl dealt unfairly with me too.  Years back, I twice sold some Nikon
things to Jim Kuehl.  In both instances I described them as accurately as
possible over the phone.  In both instances, he claimed I misrepresented the
condition.  What really upset me was his practice of sending a check for $40
or so less than promised, without saying anything first.  He literally just
sent the check for the lower amount and included a note saying that the lens
was Exc.+++, not mint- (whatever the distinction between the two is, I don't
know), to justify sending me the lower amount.  When I called to complain,
he politely said to send the check back and he would send the lens back.  I
would still eat the postage to send it to him, as well as the lost time and
the fact that I would still have a lens I needed to sell, so I cashed the
check.  I think he has that point figured out too well.  This left a bad
taste in my mouth, especially when he did it twice in a row.  To be fair, he
did send the check very promptly, if for the wrong amount!

My experience with KEH was very positive.  Their grading was very
conservative.  I would be perfectly pleased with what they grade as Exc. +.
That was a few years ago.

I have had a couple of pleasant conversations with Don Chatterton, but he
only does VISA and I only do AMEX, so we didn't connect.

Tom