Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Subject: Increasing sales of R8s and R lenses.
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:13:06 -0500

In my opinion, rather than keeping the present arrangement and flirt with
insolvency for the sake of dealer loyalty, Leica needs to sell directly
to the consumer on the internet, by passing the dealers.
<<<<<<<<<<

Why not let the dealers so inclined sell to consumers over the internet.

I can go to B&H's website and, after logging in, can purchase a new
M6 or lens within about a half dozen mouse clicks. The site tells me
that the product is in stock. And as long as I do my clicking in the
morning, it ships that day and I'll have it in my hands two days
later (at least in the US). I ordered the recently-mentioned Metz 34
CS-2 flash from them week before last. They sent an e-mail the same
day the order shipped which included the Fed Ex tracking number, so
that from then on I could trace the package's progress on Fed Ex's
site. It was the easiest and most reassuring mail order photography
purchase I've made.

I can't imagine Solms coming up with anything easier or more
foolproof. And this leaves those dealers ready to adapt to the times
a part of the distribution loop.

Larry