Subject: [Leica] The New M7
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:59:55 -0400

When I was visiting the Leica Solms factory a couple weeks ago, I asked,
jokingly, if we could see the new M7 rumored to be introduced at
Photokina in September.  My host, Karl-Hans Weckler, smiled and said I
could bet there would be no M7 at this Photokina.  He said Leica will
have some interesting new products and declined to say anything further
about exactly what.  He said we will see an M7 someday but not this
year.  So it sounded to me like we should all stop holding our
collective breaths waiting for the Photokina announcement of a new M7.

I also interpret his remarks not to exclude another version of the M6.

Ken Lassiter
Boynton Beach, FL