Subject: [Leica] Political Correctness
From: Ken Lassiter <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:22:54 -0400

Dear Tina:

I cannot think of any great documentary photographer who would meet the
standards set by the people you met in Santa Fe.  Such as Salgado, Mary
Ellen Mark, Nachtwey, Eugene Richards, Roy Striker, Marion Post-Wolcott,
and so on.  How much we would have missed if all their work had never
been seen in galleries and published!  Why, there would never have been
a LIFE magazine!

Tina, good work stands on its own merit.  Forget these guys.  PC does
not apply to everything, everywhere.  Do not be dismayed.

One of the main services a documentary photographer provides to the
public is to give us images of people who cannot tell their stories
themselves.  How can it be Politically Incorrect to help their story be
told?

This is intellectual bunk!

(BTW: Welcome back)

XXXX!