Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture Priority M6+Leica Medium Format
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:46:32 -0400

At 06:47 PM 7/6/00 EDT, you wrote:

>  I'm sure that lack of money plays a
>large role in the decision to leave things alone.  M cameras are probably
>only marginally profitable as they are.

  Probably correct, plus institutional memory of the CL and M5 fiascos.

>Finally, with regard to batteries, there is nothing exotic about lithium
>batteries

  No, not at all...right now and probably for many years to come. But they
may be mighty exotic in 20 years...

  Don't get me wrong; most of my cameras are electric, and those shutters
have been by far the most consistent and reliable of all...but otoh I'm
about to send off an an OM-4t that went belly-up electronically. With
electric cameras it's usually all or nothing, while probably most of us
have owned a Leica in which one or more of the speeds were "funny" but
otherwise worked fine.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net