Subject: Re: [Leica] [Leica} Light Meter for
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:52:08 -0400

At 11:36 PM 7/6/00 GMT, you wrote:

>meter that does both regular and flash metering.

  The Minolta IIIF is fine. I've seen several IVFs that would randomly give
really oddball readings in the flash modes; I'm sure a really small
percentage of that popular meter have that problem, but it's disturbing.
  The best imho? A clean used Minolta Flashmeter IV.
  The Sekonic 508 may be attractive for is zoom spot meter but it's rather
flare-prone, which is the last thing you want in a spotmeter.
  Otoh there's a great little Sekonic that's about cigarette-pack size; I
don't know the number for sure, L-408 or 428 maybe?

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net