Subject: [Leica] Age poll: a late answer
From: jonathan boulter <jonathanboulter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a way to make a simple question seem
complicated:

I'm teaching English (and studying) in South Korea and
age is reckoned a bit differently here. At home
(Canada), I'm 30.  Here I'm not.  People tell me I'm
32.  "What the...!?", you say.  Well, I did too.   Age
is,I was told, calculated from the time of conception.
At first this didn't seem an especially helpful
explalation.  You and I both know that most people
don't wait around for two years after conception to be
born.  I pointed this out to my korean friend and was
told that it also has to do with the month in which
you're born....

On the more mundane side I've been using leicas since
about 1989 when I got an m3 with 50 Summicron.
Currently, I'm using a IIIf with Summar, 90 elmar and
35 serenar.

Since it's Friday, I might as well ask this too.  Does
anyone have a Russian Leica II copy thev'd be willing
to part with? I get the digest so please mail me
privately.

Cheers,
Jonathan