Subject: Re: [Leica] M5: old vs new manufacturing
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 20:51:57 -0600

Ok. I was going to let this one slide but......I cannot. Almost every car
produced today does not have adjustable basic alignment angles. The Vega was
not the first with this, just the least successful. It was a very poorly
engineered car. If the alignment is off on a new car something is bent or
worn otherwise it never goes out period. The older cars used adjustable
front ends because of the inability of the manufacturer to build to tight
tolerances. Manufacturing has changed and now they have the ability to be
more precise, economical and much more reliable.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] M5: old vs new manufacturing)
Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] M5: old vs new manufacturing)