Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica initial quality story
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:32:22 -0400

There is a good reason why it takes so long for the Leica's Service
Department
to finish the repair. Call them and ask that how many repair person they
have.
Ask again that how many they used to have.

You'll be in for a surprise.

[Austin] If that ever happens to me, I assure you it will be the last Leica
product I will ever purchase.  I will also make sure Leica knows it.  There
is NO excuse OR good reason for poor service with an item of this expense,
period.

If they have insufficient repair people to handle the load, there are TWO
problems.  One is if they need more repair people, hire them.  Two, if so
many of their items need warranty repair, the items are not very quality,
now are they?