Subject: Re: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:48:11 -0400

Summicron1@aol.com jotted down the following:

> And just how does this have anything to do with the quality of the lens?
> Really, did I miss something here?

I wrote the initial "Leica QC" message to the LUG as a comment of the other
Leica QC threads that kept on popping up.  I'm was getting pretty sick of
the simple-minded, counter-factual reasoning that goes on in these Leica QC
threads, so I wrote this as a humorous take on the whole situation.  I'm
still convinced that Leica owners, by and large, spend waaaay too much time
fussing over their equipment instead of just dealing with any problems
(which anything manufactured has) and taking pictures.

I mean, it's no more unreasonable to think that spending an absurd amount of
money on a camera/lens is going to make you immune to manufacturing/
packaging/shipping/or any other kind of failure, than it is to
assume that spending the same absurd amount of money on a camera/lens is
going to make you a brilliant photographer.

My apologies to Vick Ko: while the initial joke was made funnier by the fact
that he rose to the bait, I feel that I may have inadvertantly made him look
bad publicly.  That was never my intention to anyone.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | eVolving      eMergent     eThereal
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | eNthusiasm    eVanescent   ePhemeral
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | eFficacious   eMbryolic    ePochal

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guy.bennett@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?)
Reply from "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?)
Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Lieca QC--a joke?)