Subject: Re: [Leica] More chain link fences
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:09:13 -0400

Guy Bennett jotted down the following:

> not to start a cat fight but doesn't n**** make a lens or two that allows
> the photographer to throw back or foreground out of focus. any luggers got
> any experience with those lenses?

If your thinking of their DC lenses, it doesn't control the amount or
location of defocus, but rather the quality of it.  Essentially, it's a sort
of 'bokeh-control' by, I believe, manipulating the spherical aberrations
through lens element displacement.

There's some decent stuff written about the 105mm and 135mm DC lenses on the
web, but I'm just way to lazy to fire up a search engine at the moment ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Hardware will break.  Software comes
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | broken.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                 -- Unknown