Subject: [Leica] OT: Xtol problem
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:43:18 -0400

LUGs,

The part A powder in the two packages of Xtol purchased last week was caked
inside the foil pouch as if the powder had become damp.  This powder did
dissolve okay. Two test "disposable" rolls of Ilford HP5 came out of the
development process satisfactorily, but a subsequent roll of Ilford 3200
looked a little thin.

From photo.net I learned that Kodak has had some packaging problems with
this product and that results with caked Part A were inconsistent.  I did
email the folks in Rochester from their web page about the situation but
have not yet received a reply.

Much as I liked what Xtol can do, I guess until Kodak cleans up its act,
I'm going to jump on the ID-11 bandwagon.

Roy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Xtol problem)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Xtol problem)