Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Xtol problem
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:16:34 -0700

Roy Zartarian wrote:
> inside the foil pouch as if the powder had become damp.  This powder did
> dissolve okay. Two test "disposable" rolls of Ilford HP5 came out of the
> development process satisfactorily, but a subsequent roll of Ilford 3200
> looked a little thin.
>
> >From photo.net I learned that Kodak has had some packaging problems with
> this product and that results with caked Part A were inconsistent.  I did
> email the folks in Rochester from their web page about the situation but
> have not yet received a reply.
>
> Much as I liked what Xtol can do, I guess until Kodak cleans up its act,
> I'm going to jump on the ID-11 bandwagon.<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Roy,

Don't give up just yet.  purchase the 5 litre size and buy yerself  5 -
1 litre dark plastic or glass bottles and use it in that fashion.

Much better than mixing the smaller size unit, as I think that's where
Kodak has got themselves in a bind. I only mix the 5 litre size and have
not had any problems whatsoever.
ted