Subject: Re: [Leica] More chain link fences
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:08:47 EDT

I'd like to suggest an alternative to trying to eliminate chain link
fences-use them in your photos!  They have a nice repetitive pattern to them,
and when the sun is shining on them, they glow.  I just printed a photo I did
from the top of a highway overpass that I took through a fence.  I was using
a 135mm lens on 4x5 (sorry guys!) and even focused at infinity the fence was
blurry, but formed an interesting grid over the whole image.  It has a
surreal look to it that I find interesting.  On the other hand I could be all
wet-I'm the only one I know who has an appreciation for the asthetics of
chain link fences.

I thought I'd throw out an idea that goes counter to the photography that I
think most people on the LUG do.  It seems that most of us are interested in
recording the world around them-which is great, I do that too, but there are
other kinds of photography also.  I think my better photos convey emotions
and or a look at the world that is a bit askew.  I like wierd!

I've got the suit on,
Richard Wasserman