Subject: Re: [Leica] 280mm f/2.8
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:16:37 -0700

Ted

>>Remember guys it isn't the amount of film you use, the truth of the
matter is "You only need one really good one to look good!"  And
everyone thinks "you're a bloody marvelous photographer!" ;-)<<

True enough. But the more you shoot the better you get (or should get). The
better you get the greater your opportunity to get that "one really good
one" :-).

The other day I was having dinner with friends. Beautiful house in a
beautiful setting in the hills above Eugene, Oregon. I was photographing,
as I normally do. Somehow the subject of Leica cameras came up. Everyone
got a big kick out of the name "Leica", as in "like a...." Perhaps it had
to do with the amount of wine that people had consumed.

The photography discussion was short lived, but discussions regarding wine
went on for quite some time. (Where ARE people's priorities? :-)). I must
admit that I learned a great deal about wine. I looked at one fellow who
was very knowledgable about wine and said, "you must read the WUG". He
didn't get the joke.

Dave