Subject: RE: [Leica] 280mm f/2.8
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:06:14 -0700

I asked about the palm grip because about 25 years ago I purchased severll
of these things from a local store.   They were produced I think in Long
Beach, CA.  The palm grips were as described, a "knob" with a mounting screw
built in.  They were of several shapes ( look like maybe I bought the
prototypes) and made of aluminum.  It goes to show you there are no new
ideas, only re-inventions.

I used them with long lenses for a few years, then put them away... looks
like I need to resurrect them again.....

BTW, while I wish I had the 280 lens to go with it, I do not.  In fact I am
not yet the owner of a R series camera yet.....yet.... yet.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net