Subject: Re: [Leica] why shoot black and white film?
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:37:07 -0500

>Harrison, who makes the SEN-RAC roll film dryer and where can you get one?
>Never heard of it.
>
>Rene

SEN-RAC makes it.  I got mine when the magazine publishing company I
used to work for shut down their darkroom.  You can order it from B&H
I am sure.  Every newspaper, wire service and most schools I have
been in has these.

If you do not want to get one of the SEN-RAC's for the 2-300 bucks
get yourself a length of PVC pipe, I think it is the 4 inch-whatever
size a developing reel will fit into.  Drill a hole in the bottom and
cut a notch on the opposite side and put a wire through the hole to
support the reels.  Put the reels into the pipe and hold up with the
wire.  Put a hair dryer, I used the curly top by windmere as it had a
wide dispersion on the air out, on top.  Set the temp to the low
setting and turn the dryer on.  This will dry your film quite
quickly.  Just be sure to keep an eye on it as you could melt your
film if you do not watch it.  I also placed a piece of filter
materiel over the top of the hair dryer to keep dust out. For
travelling I often would use dryer vent hose in place of the PVC as
it packs up small.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net