Subject: Re: [Leica] why shoot black and white film?
From: Austin Burbridge <sprezzatura@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:11:33 -0700

Photoshop actually makes black-and-white more appealing, since I can
apply whatever colors I want, wherever I want, instead of putting up
with the unpredictable, boring cacaphony of 'real' colors. I started
out tinting and toning, and, after I finally discarded the jejeune
pretense of fidelity, have lived happily ever after, on the outskirts
of photorealism.

I also believe that my E.I. 400 BW film is less grainy than E.I. 400
color film -- and I'd rather have sharp BW than grainy color.
Especially when I can put my own colors in anyway.
- --
Regards,

A U S T I N ,

Austin Burbridge.

email: Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu

www:   http://Sprezzatura.net -- "Sure, we all work hard; but why
talk about that?" Every day, a new, original picture, a stimulating
quote, and remarkable links.