Subject: Re: [Leica] Summaron summary sought
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:39:39 -0400

> Hey y'all...
>
> A local dealer is offering a 35mm f3.5 Summaron in an M mount for $350.  It
> appears to be in excellent shape.  I'm tempted to get it for my M3 body as a
> "fixed focus" street photo lens.
>
> How bad does this lens suck?
>
> Craig
> Boston

Craig,

I feel that the Summaron 35/3.5 is an overlooked lens that produces
excellent results and can be bought very cheaply. Here are two pictures on
my website that were shot with that lens and blown up to 16x20. The only
thing wrong with it is, it is a tad slow for low light stuff.

http://www.streetphoto.net/index-bigone1.html
http://www.streetphoto.net/index-bigone3.html

Steve
Annapolis